The GPRS Shield is based on SIM900 module from SIMCOM and compatible with and its clones. The GPRS Shield provides you a way to communicate using the GSM cell phone network.
The shield allows you to achieve SMS, MMS, GPRS and Audio via UART by sending AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands).
The shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC of the SIM900 module(They are all 2V8 logic) present onboard.
· Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz – would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
· GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
· GPRS mobile station class B
· Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
· Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
· Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
· Control via AT commands – Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
· Short Message Service – so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
· Embedded TCP/UDP stack – allows you to upload data to a web server.
· RTC supported.
· Selectable serial port.
· Speaker and Headphone jacks
· Low power consumption – 1.5mA(sleep mode)
· Industrial Temperature Range – -40°C to +85 °C
The goal of this tutorial is to illustrate various methods of interaction between an Arduino Uno (or compatible) and the GSM cellular network using a SIM900 GSM shield, with which you can then use your existing knowledge to build upon those methods. Apart from setting up the shield we‟ll examine:
Making a telephone call from your Arduino
Sending an SMS text message
Receiving text messages with the shield and displaying them on the serial monitor
Simple controlling of the host Arduino by calling it from another telephone
Controlling the Arduino via SMS text message
The SIM900 Board Input is 5-26V 2A,We Recommended current is more than 9V 2A
Ensure your SIM card is not locked
GPRS Shield Communication baud rate is 19200 BPS 8-N-1
· Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
· The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
· The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
· Power select – select the power supply for GPRS shield(external power or 5v )
· Power jack – connected to external 4.8~5VDC power supply
· Antenna interface – connected to external antenna
· Serial port select – select either software serial port or hareware serial port to be connected to GPRS Shield
· Hardware Serial – D0/D1
· Software serial – D7/D8
· Status LED – tell whether the power of SIM900 is on
· Net light – tell the status about SIM900 linking to the net
· UART of SIM900 – UART pins breakout of SIM900
· Microphone – to answer the phone call
· Speaker – to answer the phone call
· GPIO,PWM and ADC of SIM900 – GPIO,PWM and ADC pins breakout of SIM900
· Power key – power up and down for SIM900
There are no reviews yet.